AGGIE SWIM CLUB
Swimmers who wish to
join the Aggie Swim Club but cannot afford the annual USA registration fee or
the full monthly coaching dues may be eligible for discounts, based on
Outreach Reimbursement Policy (Effective Sept 1, 2017)
1. Enrollment: Gulf Swimming will use a 3-step tier for enrollment in the splash fee reimbursement program as follows:
A. Verified enrollment in the Federal Food Stamp Program, SNAP or the Medicaid Medical Card. OR
B. School Lunch enrollment card/letter accompanied by Pages 1&2 of their Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1040, or 1040A or EZ (Social Security redacted) required for proof of income and family size. If married, filing separately, both spouses returns must be submitted. OR
C. All others: You must be a resident of the state of Texas and a parent or primary caregiver responsible for a child(ren) who attends school (high school or under). And you must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below the income guidelines per the current Texas amounts for household size as shown in d. below. Proof of income and family size will be by submitting Pages 1 & 2 of FIT Return (Social Security Number(s) redacted). If married, filing separately, both spouses returns must be submitted.
D. General Program Requirements
In order to qualify, you must have an annual household income (before taxes) that is below the following amounts for the 2017-2018 School Year
For each additional family member, add $5,434.
2. The reimbursement will be for only one meet per month except for the Gulf Championship series which will extend to two meets for that month to allow those swimmers who qualify for the higher level LSC meet to compete.
3. The reimbursement will limited to Gulf Swimming Sanctioned meets at the Gulf Approved entry fee amount for the level of the meet, Open or Championship. Team Invitational or Open meets not on the current Gulf assigned meet schedule will be reimbursed only at the Gulf Approved entry fee amounts.
4. Any swimmer surcharge will not be more than charged for a Gulf sanctioned meet of similar type.
5. Submission for reimbursements of entry fees must be made after the meet date. Reimbursements may only be requested for actual swims at a specific meet. The first time a fraudulent request is submitted, it will be denied and a written explanation and warning will be issued informing the outreach member of the inaccurate statement being submitted to Gulf Swimming for reimbursement. If a family submits a second fraudulent outreach reimbursement request they will be removed from the outreach program.If your swimmer qualifies for this program you are eligible for a $5.00 per year USA Registration fee. Additionally, your monthly coaching dues with the Aggie Swim Club will be $50.00 per month instead of the full fee. (Families of swimmers registered in this program will be required to work three full meet sessions to fulfill their volunteer requirement with the Club). In addition to these benefits, you will also receive reimbursement of 100% of individual meet entry fees for ALL Gulf sponsored USA Swimming sanctioned meets held in the Gulf. To receive reimbursement after the meet has ended, simply click HERE to print out the form, complete it and mail it in to the Gulf Registration Chair. Once it is confirmed that you participated in your events, you will receive a check for 100% of your entry fees to reimburse you for your out-of-pocket expenses. We hope that this will encourage you to participate in as many sanctioned meets as you are eligible for. We are continually looking for additional ways to assist you with following your desire to swim. As additional benefits become available we will be sure to keep you informed so you may take advantage of them.
To report problems or provide feedback for this site, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org